Saturday, March 31, 2012

Yay, Its raining in Siem Reap

 I have now lived in Cambodia for over 8 months and I do love this beautiful country. Unlike most expats I came here to teach Math and without having known anything about the country other than having a stamp of this country. The country suffered under the Khmer Rouge period and now rapidly growing. Thanks to help from scores of expats who are chipping in with their time. Cambodians itself are very resilient, hard working and intelligent people. I am taking class with Cambodians and also teaching Cambodian children and they are as good as any other.
 There are two main seasons here. Rainy and summer. The summer especially the month of march and April could be a little challenging as its very humid. I got the taste of that when last time we played soccer 1 hr before the noon. We were all sweating like as we were shoved into a sauna blazing with molten lava. So its quite a welcome relief when you see rain at this time of the year. Mind you it does rain like Cats and dogs when its the rainy season and I have experienced the Cambodian monsoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter