Saturday, March 31, 2012

reflections on the last day of march

 I am updating this from Common Grounds cafe. Today I reviewed few of the things we did last time and I taught the idea of Combinatorics and how do we choose r things from n things. Pascal triangle and how they are related to binomial coefficients and what is the meaning of these coefficients. Its the last day of the month and when I look back the month of march I realize that I been pretty busy the whole month. I haven't finished the books I intended to. I can justify that I was busy with the french class which is done for the time being until it starts again in another 23 days. I have to be a little more creative with my time and need to inculcate some new habits. I was misplacing my keys all the time until I discovered that if I inculcate the habit of placing my keys at the same spot on the table while returning to my room and keeping at the same spot in my backpack while going out then I don't have the problem of misplacing my keys.
   This week I also spoke at the local nerd nite event. I spoke about the myths associated with Maths and I was happy that I could connect with people because I think its such a universal topic and yet so misunderstood. I am looking forward to the upcoming break and would like to visit Vietnam and may be Laos too. Vietnam has become a destination of choice for many expats because of its burgeoning economy and consequently demand for expats. They also have a very solid program teaching mathematics. They have produced some of the excellent math olympiad training books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter