Monday, November 28, 2011

Kindle after 1 week of usage

It been over a week since I bought this Kindle. I like it. At the last count I had over 100 ebooks books and I am hoping that by December end I can brag about the number of them I manage to finish. I love the flexibility of dwelling into any book I like and the ability of the device to remember where I left off. I was concerned about the lack of keyboard on the device to take note but it hasn't bothered me much. The highlight feature is a winner. I use this all the time and the neat thing about it is that it keeps all the highlighted text in one place. So you can read the summary of all the highlights you did. Its almost as taking notes.
 Before getting kindle I was overly concerned about its inability to read djvu file however djvu libre can easily export your djvu files to pdf (though size could be more than 3 times the original file). Most of my books were on djvu format which I had to convert to pdf and they read ok. Many other were on pdf and its comfortable to read pdf on kindle. Its best to read the kindle files as they appear to be darker on kindle.The kindle format is borrowed from html format. So if you have a html file its easy to convert it to kindle. Gutteberg.org has a neat collection of kindle books and they read fabulous on kindle. I downloaded Robinson Crusoe and I plan on reading few more classics.  I can check my email using the browser called "Experimental".
  One can change the orientation using the zoom feature and see the text in landscape or portrait mode. I once downloaded Manga statistics and that file is 135 mb but reading on kindle was not a problem. All I had to do was to switch to the darkest settings and read in landscape mode. So all in all a great device to catch up on your reading. Downloading files on kindle is easy it appears as a drive when you plug it into your computer and you shove your files into the document folder. From kindle you can organize your books into categories so they are easy to access.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter