Sunday, January 25, 2009

Why I don't watch soap comedies

I remember Dr. Kammler once said when you are acquiring a different language the thing which is more difficult to master is humor as humor is very provincial. One needs to imbibe the culture as a cotton does to a water. The other equally important factor is knowing the history. So I tried getting myself acquainted with the history too. But is all celebrated literature is really good for your mental equanimity? I have tried watching “Friends”, “Sex and the City” , “Sienfield”, “Two and half men”, “Drew Carry Show”, “Family Guy”, “Simpson's” etc. The humor is at the expense of people. But as I write these are pretty much the fabric of current America and hundred years from now will occupy the place of awe in the history. The point I am making is that when humor is based on the expense of maligning other it comes back to haunt us and destroys our peace of mind. Even though the proletarians might endorse these shows as a must watch, we shouldn't buy that argument.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter