Sunday, January 11, 2009

Running around Pomonna

Yesterday was good. I went to Pomonna beach and we ran around the woods there. Joe and Jay had laid a wonderful eagle trail. Which was long!! I think it was about 6 miles. It was a good turn out. 11 people showed up. and you know that I am not a big fan of roller coasters. He was driving fast and the shrieks of us only seems to whet his taste to drive faster. So it wasn't surprise that I was dreading that on way back he might take the same route. It was a good run and we ended up in a cave that was very similar to the one in Fern Cliff park near Goreville.Barry and Jennifer ford through the waste high creek in that savage chili weather. We all had no clue why somebody would do that because only 100 feet from there it was less than a puddle. Jay Simpson showed me some hard wood trees where he had carved out his name 5 years ago and explained to me about how trees grow from with in and so the name etched there remains forever. He commented that tree was probably 150 years old and I was mesmerized. There was nice fire there and after enjoying we went back in the dark to Barry's big van. He dropped me at his parking lot where I picked up my car and headed to Schnuks to get the rent money for Gary. I also picked up one egg sandwich and went to the device to get my blood pressure check up. It was high normal 137. I don't know what life style change I need to do to bring it back. Then I went to international grocery store and picked several spices including coriander-cumin powder and Cinnamon powder besides a bag of rice.I came home and watched the Northern France episode of Globe Trekker hosted by Justine Shapiro. There was this parade of Giants that was interesting. The French town of Champagne was interesting because there are more than 18 thousand different wine makers are in this town and each has their own blend and flavor and ere we think of Champagne as just one single product. The episode ended with her getting inducted in to the sorority which has taken the mundane act of opening the wine to a level and sophistication of art. As I channel surfed and abc's inner beauty was on air. After watching for 20 minutes I turned it off to maintain the equanimity of my mind. Then there was a voice message from Joe, I called him back and complemented him for the well layout trail. Took shower from 21:30. Did Vipassana for around 40 minutes and then retired to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter