Thursday, January 08, 2009

Professor's Daughter



Well its 22 hrs and I am chatting with my Mom on google talk. Its my way of keeping an eye on her tennis prowess. Other than that I today got few other books from the library one is on advanced calculus and the other on Topology. Both are the required text books for the course I am taking next semester.
Meanwhile my request for repeat course of Vipassana is June 3-14 and I am excited about that. Yesterday I read the professor's daughter. Its an interesting short little graphic novel about a romance between a 3200 old mummy Imoteph 4 and this professor's daughter named Lillian. Imoteph is in love because he sees a resemblance of his beloved wife in lillian. While reading the story you will discover that such romance is not something frowned upon or impossible. However this is not so crisp and clear later the mummy is subject to be encased forever and you are left wondering what's the deal is mummy treated as some human or as mummy. Aside from this minor flaw the story is one heck of a roller coaster ride with the imoteph getting into a bar fight leading to Lillian accidently poisoning the police officer and the accuse. Imoteph still believes that he is the king and wants to leave for Egypt and he gets roughed up at the docks. Ironically Imoteph's dad is the commander of the ship and is now eyeing Lillian...
I also got the bones another top selling graphic novel and its huge. There are 9 books and I got the first volume. Aside from these two there is "Blankets" another novel suppose to be in the same league as "Fun Home" that I look forward to finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter