Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Today at Toastmasters

Standing outside the study lounge I am updating this blog while I take a break from the euler method of product of the sum for diophantine equations I am studying. We had a great Toastmasters meeting. The theme for tonight was "Harvest". Joe Robbie did the table topics and had some interesting questions laced with quotes. I was asked to say on Onam festival which I didn't know much except for the bull race they have. Tonight I was the evaluator for Kelly's speech which was the fun part because she talked about the topic everyone was goading her to speak. Kelly is remarkably good speaker and has no affectations when she takes on the stage. The speech was well with in time limits and she made it interesting by giving it a theme of common myths associated with being a Mormon in fact the correct word is "Latter Day Saints". She covered the early church history, persecution of Mormons, the word Mormon, Their horns, polygamy, Their bible and the additional book, Mormons eating at McDonalds. It was all well weaved. Kyriakos was the general evaluator and he again did a superb job of acknowledging everybody and highlighting their contribution. The later part of the meeting was open house. Where I became the secretary of the club and Kyriakos became the treasurer. We are not meeting next week. My next speech is going to be about "Numerati" the book I am reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter