Saturday, November 01, 2008

Things I did yesterday

Yesterday I went to see the Turkish National Day celebration. It was my first time to attend Turkish national day. They had a small gathering of I would say about 40 people I think and it was very well organized. The food was excellent and a lot of variety for vegetarians like me. The bakalava was awesome. They also showed the movie named "Magic Carpet". I get to know a couple from El Savador there, who is attending SIUC for TESL (Test of English as a foreign language). It was nice to know more about Turkey and its history. The Ottoman Empire, Turkey's current geography and political issues. Its domestic problem of Kurd people, the role of women etc.

I finished most of my grading by midnight and then I went out with Ray and Joe to the Halloween Party on Bridge Street. It was a nice party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter