Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Some 'B' Words Burlesque, Bayou, Baloney

Burlesque: A type of writing or acting that makes a serious piece of work look foolish and amusing, Any cheap imitation of a high quality work
As an author, he is most known for his burlesque of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, a rather crude but nevertheless amusing imitation of the original masterpiece.
Some of the synonyms of burlesque are Travesty, Caricature, Parody, Satire

Bayou: A small sluggish offshoot of river (smaller than a tributary)
A quick search on google images gave several pictures ranging from a club with name bayou to Kawasaki's 4 wheel and ofcourse a real picture of bayou.

Synonym: Inlet, Firth (I know Dr. Kathy Firth and now I know the meaning of her last name - Bayou)

Baloney: Nonsense
All that he said about the advantages of that drug sounded like utter baloney to me; I know for a fact that the drug is absolutely useless.


Now its time for me to concoct my own little sentence which makes use of all 4 of these words

"Floating in his paddleboat in midst of a warm summer day at the Kansas bayou, he dished out the first installment, a burlesque of Daniel Diffo's celebrated Robinson Crusoe eerily named "Jackson Brusoe" only to be dismissed later my his editor Miss Lara Firth as mere baloney.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter