Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back from Toastmasters Meeting

Its 20:55 and I am sitting here on 3rd floor of Morris Library. Today I gave a talk on "Life Long Learning" at my local toastmasters club. The next week I am planning a talk on "Why Math Education is Important". At table topics today I had to speak about Pumpkin and the various vitamins and minerals in it. It was interesting that I could talk for about 1 minute and 34 seconds. We have some good speakers and it was timely that Kyle brought up this thought

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

Its one of those thoughts which can bring you to your center no matter how your are feeling. Just meditate on it and it will inspire you.

On teaching front I am excited that I get to lecture on Math 345 and Math 447 for a day. Last week I taught Math 150 for a whole week and I loved it for several reasons. The top will be that it gave me the freedom to cover something very important and I could help these people with the tricks I learned over the time and at the same time make them comfortable with it. Also many thanks to Kyriakos who was there to evaluate it and give me feedback on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter