Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dal bhat, Chana dal, Penang Curry and Kimchi

I love food. One of my uncle Dr. D.K Garg used to say that "Some people eat to live and some people live to eat". He was one of my Papa's best friend, he died some years ago and one major reason was his eating habbit. I sometimes do wonder what effect the food has on people. Here in US I see many people who turn vegetarian they do so just for the health reason, they still relish meat products. For them vegetarian food means eating salad or some boiled vegetables. Fortunately for me I never got addicted to the non vegetarian food and for me Daal Bhat Tarkari rule. The staple diet in India and Nepal. After living in Dorm which provided three course meal when I first started to cook I was wondering, Will I be able to survive eating my own cooked food ? Well its now close to 10 months and I am in good shape. The food I am eating is dal bhat tarkari. I discovered one more thing that how important is dal, when I played badminton last year I had terrible pain in my hand everytime I pick the racket and this year I realized that if I eat channa dal (I love channa dal with zera ka tadka) then I can hit like Tomei. So now dal is now firmly in my menu and I have started hitting the shuttle as never before. Other thing I really like is Korean Kimchi, bulgogi, bibimba, gamza thang. Kimchi stew is awesome and so is Thai Penang Curry. I always had a sweet tooth and Yuko has introduced me to so many Japanese Candies that I am eagerly looking forward to goto Japan and stash away all the great candies they make. Eating healthy could be fun if one uses spice and ofcourse vegetarian food rocks !! One of the best vegetarian meal I had was in Singapore. There is one Kerla resturant I don't remember the name but its close to Mustafa and thier Thali is the best. I was just talking to my sister about that and she too agreed. I guess those who cringe about vegetarian food should take a trip there and they will realize how good the food is. So why all this traipse from me. Am I cajoling you to become a vegetarian ? I can't say that because my fingers are typing and I am not going to edit what I am writing. Just pure, unadulterated train of thoughts. If you have seen "Sign" there is a dialogue when they say in future all people will be vegetarian ! I hope that day come soon. I don't like animals getting killed !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter