Thursday, January 06, 2005

Movie GirlFriend, Mujshey Shaadi karogi, Main hoon nai

My head is still spinning. I just watched another forgetable flick "Girlfriend". I am amazed at the pigheadedness of director Karan Razdan. The movie claims to be trendsetter in Hindi cinema. It deals with lesbianism. Razdan spares no effort in villfying lesbianism. Grow up Razdan, I wonder few years from now when gays and lesbian will not be frowned upon how these people will go down in the history. Coming back to the movie the characters are so shallow and dunce that you are outraged.

Mujshey Shaadi korogi is an above average hindi comedy movie but it drags in the end with unnecessary cricket stars. Salman plays a guy who has uncontrollable anger. Its funny and if you are looking for some good laughs you won't be disappointed.

Main hoon na is more melodrama. However I love the concept that unlike Sunny Deol's movie this one talks about peace with Pakistan.(Note I did like Sunny Deol's The Hero) Its good that the movie doesn't talk about the petty politics that goes behind. Sushmita sen, Bindu and Sharukh khan make this movie worth watching.

Overall I feel some Hindi movies are getting better with the status of woman in the Indian society. For ex characters like Julie and Rani Mukerjee in Hum Tum are good beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter