Sunday, June 17, 2012

Bhat Kot and Pandu Kholi Trip

 Last year in March 2011 I went to Pandu Kholi with the people I was working with. We left for Dunagiri temple and from there you can go a couple of more kilometers to Kukuchina. The trek for Pandu Kholi begins there. Its only a couple of hr trek and is not so bad. Recently I went to Cat Ba island in Vietnam and the trek there though only 1 hr long was excruciating because of the stones which are hard as iron and the humidity. Pandu Kholi is at an elevation of 2800 ft whereas Rankihet is at 1800 meters. So its almost a Kilometer up in the sky. I wanted to go to Pinath and Bhat Kot but this didn't happen. Here is a memorable pic of me at Pandu Kholi and Bhat Kot mountain is in the background. Reaching Bhat Kot is not so simple as it is less traveled and the danger of encountering a live bear. Talking of live bear. I had the fortune of watching one on trek to Kafni. That experience has etched in my memory forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter