Thursday, October 22, 2009

One Minute

I read one minute manager few years back and yesterday before going to bed I pick that book again and I was pleasantly surprised that there were things in the book which I was using in my life while interacting with other people. One minute manager is one of the quickest read. The story has 3 main ideas
1. One minute goal
2. One minute praise
3. One minute reprimand
The idea behind one minute goal is to write your goal on a single sheet of paper. One minute praise is to catch people doing things right in the beginning and one minute reprimand comes later when people have been coached and have become independent and then they do mistake. When reprimanding such individuals one should be careful to point out their mistake and not making any judgement about the person and then letting the person know they can do it and leaving them on positive note.
Site Meter