Sunday, October 04, 2009

Happenings

I am posting this from Carbondale Library. I am just coming after attending the picnic for GLBT held at Church of Good Shepherd. It was great to see Hugh and Judy there and I think overall the picnic was great. They had plenty of food and I saw a lot of familiar faces in Carbondale. I also had time to do an hr long sitting with Jamie and Katherine today. We decided last week at Co-op to do it and everyone was glad we did it today. Yesterday I pretty much finished the Math book. Its more like a coffee table book with lots of interesting picture accompanying each article. It also had a butterfly curve. Which reads as exp(cos(x))-2*cos(4*x)+sin(x)^2/2. In the morning today I plotted the Newton Basin curve and that pic is awesome, I will be posting it here. The neat thing was it gave me an idea of how to plot complex numbers. The method is about finding which points converge and which won't converge to the roots of the polynomial with complex coefficients.
Site Meter