Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sunday at Barnes and Nobles





On Sunday I was heading to student center but it was closed so I decided to go to Barnes and Noble. I didn't read the John Irving book but I think I will take a look in future. It was recomended by the staff there. The Gallop and Swing were just picture books like the flicker so you can see those moving images. These coffee table books will entice children. There was a whole new section of Brain books there. Lot of them are just the anthology of author's research and tend to become vapid. The common theme in most of these books is the brain plasticity and how you can continue to enrich your brain by making it work on different challenges instead of doing the repetitive work. Yes even solving crossword puzzle becomes repetitive and jejune! The word book by Barrons was invigorating though it didn't have many heavy weight words. Its the kind of sentences it has that makes it a good bargain item.

Later in evening I attended the meeting for meditation and it was good !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter