Saturday, December 20, 2008

Film reviews Iris, Republic of Love and Documentary on Phoenicians




I just came to my office to pick my laptop there. I couldn't play the kite runner at home and I am excited to see the movie even though I haven't read the book.
I watched IRIS few days ago and its about alzheimer. Its a story of an elderly woman who has now alzheimer, who back in her days was a free spirited precocious author and now her dailys travails.
Quest for Phoenicians was something I wasn't even aware of. They lived at the time of Greek and Romans and their empire was pummeled over the 100 year war. Phoenicians were mentioned as Cannonites in old testament have been portrayed as people with low scruples, however they were feared naval rivals and one of the first ones to have written script and ones who tossed and embraced different cultures and becoming very prosperous and there by inviting the agony and jealousy of the other tribes. The hypothesis of the documentary was to trace the lineage of Phonicians through both genetics and sea exploration. However sea exploration had to be jettisoned because of maritime issues. The genetics revealed that around 20 percent of Lebonese have some lineage with Phoenicians.
Republic of love was ok it was just a story of a confused spinster and disk jockey who is a divorcee and too eager to fell in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter