Sunday, November 30, 2008

Some books I read and some not



This Saturday I finished the Shiva comic. It was great to read this comic and I liked it that Deepak Chopra is the one who gives a synopsis about the story as most of these legends have far deeper meaning and not many people can do justice to that. On Vipassana retreat Goenkaji elucidated some finer points. Otherwise one would take them as just ordinary story of super gods fighting against super evil. The story of Kali was my favorite and how Raktaveej had unsettled the gods. He had the boon that if a drop of his blood falls on earth another congruent Raktaveej will be born so it was almost impossible to slay him and then how Kali was summoned to obliterate Raktaveej as she would catch the blood on her tongue before it falls and was thus able to annihilate the whole army of Raktaveej. This story is a metaphor the real meaning is our own failings the more we give into them the more we get drawn in this vortex of “sankharas”.
The second book I just started but I don't have time to finish it and its due date is on monday. May be next time besides that I also watched one fine espisode of globe trekker on Scandinavia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter