Monday, July 04, 2005

4th July Update, Boat dock, Palin Episode 2

Today is 4th of July and US's birthday. Last Saturday other then attending barbecue with my Korean Friends, I also went to Boat docks. Jennifer and I took a canoe. We had fun even though it capsized in the middle of the lake. Fortunately we had life jackets. The only thing I lost was my sun glasses.
Yesterday we went to Corner Diner. Its a neat restaurant with old style charm. I also finished watching the movie "Your Friends and Neighbors". Its funny movie about three couples and their lives. The other things I did was watched more of Palin's episodes on Himalayas. In the second episode he travels to India from Pakistan. There is Wagah border gate ceremony, Golden temple, Shimla and Dharmshala. This was the more detailed account of Wagah border ceremony that I have seen before. Its funny that these soldiers have to show such heightened emotions. The tour of Golden Complex is really good. I didn't know that Sikhs have no priest and Guru Granth Sahib is considered as the last guru. Which makes Sikhism perhaps the most modern religion. However like many other religions these days there are self appointed protectors and this hasn't left Sikhism untouched. Palin then take a tour through Kalka -Shimla train and then he goes to Dharamshala. A short conversation with Dalai lama follows. While Buddhism has remained the choice of most enlightened people, it seems to fall in the same trap of people spending too much time in rituals rather than appreciating and imbibing the virtues it preaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter